operations research systems analyst, operations manager, management
consultant, and educator with demonstrated success in logistics,
strategic planning, human resources, production and organizational
administration. A collaborative leader and insightful analyst with
superb communications skills. Proven track record in process improvement
and motivating a diverse work force to achieve tough standards
under adverse conditions. Graduate of premier management, consulting
and leadership programs to include the U.S. Military Academy at
Research Systems Analyst
- Operations Managment
- Strategic Planning
- Organizational Effectiveness/Management Consulting
- Education and Training Course Development
- Leadership and Teambuilding
- Customer Service
Senior Consultant for Research and Analytics within Global Services Engineering at Dell.
Round Rock, TX
||Systems Engineer Manager and
Group Technical Staff,
Grand Prairie, TX
Assistant Professor in
Mathematics, Business Analytics and Operations Research
Southern Methodist University,
1. Protecting the U.S. Homeland from an EMP Threat, Phase 1 – Assessing the Electro-Magnetic Pulse Threat, by, William Nanry, submitted for MORS Barchi award consideration and publication in the MORS journal.
2. Solving the Theater Distribution Vehicle Routing and Scheduling Problem Using Group Theoretic Tabu Search, by John Crino, James T. Moore, J.W. Barnes and W.P. Nanry. Mathematical and Computer Modeling, Volume 39, Issues 6-8, March 2004, Pages 599-616.
3. Solving the Pickup and Delivery Problem with Time Windows using Reactive Tabu Search by William Nanry and J.W. Barnes, 2000. Transportation Research, part B 34, pgs. 107-12
rank of Colonel, Engineer/Operations Research Analyst - Retired
from the U.S. Army - March '05
- Top Secret Security
- Member of Omega Rho
- Member of the Institute for Operations Research and Management Science (INFORMS)
- Member of the Military Operations Research Society (MORS)
with IBM PC/DOS: Spreadsheets, Databases,
Presentation Software, Scientific/standard Wordprocessors;
- Derive, MathCad‚Mathematica and Matlab;
Statistical Packages - Minitab and SAS; Windows 98, 2000,
XP, Vista, W7 and Internet
programming in GAMS.
- MAC: Spreadsheets,
Databases, Presentation Software.
Mathematical and Operations Research programming in PASCAL,
FORTRAN and C.
Team Handball official and coach
- Avid Cyclist
- Speaks Chinese
- Scuba Certified
- Plays guitar
- Commissioner with the Planning and Zoning Committee for Cedar Hill