Multi-faceted business analyst, decision scientist, operations research/management consultant, operations manager, and educator with demonstrated success in program management, business development, supply chain management, strategic planning, production and organizational administration. A collaborative leader and insightful analyst with superb communications skills. Proven track record in process improvement and motivating a diverse work force to achieve tough standards under adverse conditions. Graduate of premier management, consulting and leadership programs to include the U.S. Military Academy at West Point.
- Decision Scientist / Business Analyst
- Program Managment / Business Development
- Strategic Planning
- Organizational Effectiveness / Management Consulting
- Technology Development
- Education and Training Course Development
- Executive Leadership and Teambuilding
- Distribution / Logistics / Supply Chain Management
Consultant for Research and Decision Sciences within Global Services and Process Engineering at Dell.
Round Rock, TX
||Group Manager and Member,
Group Technical Staff for Research and Operations Analysis
Martin Missiles and FIre Control in
Grand Prairie, TX
Assistant Professor in
Mathematics, Business Analytics, Systems Engineering, Engineering Management and Operations Research - Southern Methodist University,
Practicing Academic in Operational Research and Business Analytics at Texas A & M Corpus Christi
1. Protecting the U.S. Homeland from an EMP Threat, Phase 1 – Assessing the Electro-Magnetic Pulse Threat, by, William Nanry, submitted for MORS Barchi award consideration and publication in the MORS journal.
2. Solving the Theater Distribution Vehicle Routing and Scheduling Problem Using Group Theoretic Tabu Search, by John Crino, James T. Moore, J.W. Barnes and W.P. Nanry. Mathematical and Computer Modeling, Volume 39, Issues 6-8, March 2004, Pages 599-616.
3. Solving the Pickup and Delivery Problem with Time Windows using Reactive Tabu Search by William Nanry and J.W. Barnes, 2000. Transportation Research, part B 34, pgs. 107-12
rank of Colonel, Engineer/Operations Research Analyst - Retired
from the U.S. Army - March '05
- Top Secret Security
- Member of Omega Rho
- Member of the Institute for Operations Research and Management Science (INFORMS)
- Member of the Military Operations Research Society (MORS)
with Spreadsheets, Databases,
Presentation Software, Scientific/standard Wordprocessors;
- Derive, MathCad‚Mathematica and Matlab;
Statistical Packages - Minitab and SAS;
programming in GAMS; Predictive and Text Analytics.
Team Handball official and coach (retired)
- Speaks Chinese
- Scuba Certified
- Commissioner with the Planning and Zoning Committee for Cedar Hill
- Plays guitar for church and participates in church men's activities